Operator Safety Training
Forklift Safety Training
This course is designed for employees who operate forklifts or powered industrial trucks and it provides an overview of OSHA standard, and safety standards for safe operation of industrial trucks. In addition the classroom portion of the course, all participants must complete hand-on training with the type of lift they will be using on the job.
- Sit down riders
- Stand up reach
- Turret/Swing reach
- Rough terrain
- Walk behind low lift
- Walk/Rider low lift
- Walk behind stacker
- Vehicle capacity for all equipment operated
- Vehicle stability
- Operating limitations of each piece of equipment and attachments
- Proper vehicle inspection prior to operation
- Proper refueling and battery charging procedures
- Equipment attachment operation and limitations
- Workplace related safety issues specific to the operating location(s) of equipment
- Review of surface conditions where vehicle is to be operated
- Review and instruction on handling probable loads with composition variances
- Review and instruction of load manipulation, stacking and un-stacking
BEB’s Material Handling Safety Division provides OSHA recommended, on-site training aimed to help employers and employees to recognize and most importantly avoid safety hazards they may encounter when they use fork lifts and powered industrial trucks.
This course can also be taught as Train-the-Trainer, where participants, at the successful completion of the class, will have the knowledge and expertise to provide this training to other employees who must be authorized to operate these vehicles.
Call us at 866-906-4222 or complete the form below to get started on implementing a comprehensive training program for your business.